Search engine marketing and SEO are important techniques for attracting and bringing traffic to your site. However, in order to ensure that this traffic converts into sales visitors must be able to use your site when they get there. Website usability or how easy your website is to use can have a huge impact on your visitors, even if your website is the most beautiful site they have ever seen.
When it comes to web usability there are five key areas to consider, these include;
- Ease of learning: How easy do visitors find your site to use the first time they visit it.
- Functionality: Once they have learnt how your site works how quickly do they get used to performing basic tasks.
- Memorability: When users come back to the site how long does it take them to re-learn what they learnt before? Is your site memorable?
- Problems: How many errors do people make on the site and how easily is it to recover from these errors. This is extremely important when considering forms.
- Satisfaction: How delighted are they with the layout and functionality of your site?
In order to ensure your website is usable there are a few factors that should be considered at the very beginning whilst your website is in the design stages. For example, you need to establish what your users will need the site to do for them and present this to them in a clear format. Your navigation interface should be easy to grasp and not be shadowed by fancy images or text that is hard to read.
As a leading search engine marketing company Rocketfish Ltd can provide expert advice at every stage of your website build ensuring that your website usability is not going to result in a loss of sales. Our team of SEO consultants and web designers will work with you to create a website that works for you and for your customers.
Want to know more about web design usability issues or how Rocketfish Ltd can help? Call us today on 01253 693488 alternatively contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Images on website courtesy of advertising archives